Zo midden juni begint het bij mij te kriebelen. De tentspullen liggen klaar, de kids moeten nog een paar weken naar school… maar dan is het zover! Kamperen, vakantie, boeken lezen, wijntje drinken, zonnetje, terrasje… Heerlijk. En natuurlijk zijn er ook films die het vakantiegevoel op fraaie wijze vastleggen. Hier een aantal quotes uit films die je direct naar zonnige oorden doen vertrekken.
1) I think you’re all fucked in the head. We’re ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I’ll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It’s a quest.
2) What kind of a host invites you to his house for the weekend and dies on you?
3) Look, look we had a scuba, we drink some white wine, we talk about life and we cannot help it. It is like love at first sight. She make like the fire in my trouser.
4) You know America was founded by prudes. Prudes who left Europe because they hated all the kinky, steamy European sex that was going on. And now I, Cooper Harris, will return to the land of my perverted forefathers and claim my birthright… which is a series of erotic and sexually challenging adventures.
5) My brother said by the end of the summer I’ll get the big picture. And I see it. No matter what, times change, things are different. But the problem is, I don’t want them to be.
6) He turned down a blow job from his ex-girlfriend… mid-blowjob. You know how hard that is for a man? It’s called blue balls. He’s like Gandhi! But better – he likes puppets!
7) Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don’t go into yours, you don’t go into mine. You gotta hold the frame.
8) And me? I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it’s not some place you can look for.
9) I would like a lifetime spent with an irrational and suspicious goddess, some short-tempered jealousy on the side, and a bottle of wine that tastes like you, a glass that’s never empty.
10) Each, in its own way, was unforgettable. It would be difficult to – Rome! By all means, Rome. I will cherish my visit here in memory as long as I live.