Muziek in films, Tarantino heeft er een kunst op zich van gemaakt. Maar wat als Muziek geen onderdeel meer is van de film, maar het onderwerp? Deze quote-quiz gaat over films met een vleugje Rock ’n Roll, een pietsje rap, een onsje klassiek… Uit welke films komen de volgende quotes?
1) What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss.
2) ‘How about it?’ How about this? Try and fuck your way out of this one Mark!
3) Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You’re on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you’re on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
4) And we would especially like to welcome all the representatives of Illinois’s law enforcement community that have chosen to join us here in the Palace Hotel Ballroom at this time…
5) I think your brain is filled with lollipops, rainbows, cheese & wonder. Mine’s a bit darker
6) I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriosuly, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.
7) Touched by God at last. And God is forced to listen! Powerless, powerless to stop it! I, for once in the end, laughing at him!
8) You know, I’m just a regular guy who grew up with the posters of these guys on my wall… and now I’m one of them! That’s right, I’m standing here, living proof that if you work hard enough, and you want it bad enough… dreams do come true.
9) The last tour I did was ten years ago. It was Aerosmith, but they’ve gone and cleaned up their act. It’s all wheatgrass juice and fuckin’ pumpkin seeds. I hope you guys are still crazy, or I’m outta here.
10) This man ain’t no mother-fuckin’ MC / I know everything he’s got to say against me / I am white, I am a fucking bum / I do live in a trailer with my mom /
11) What on earth is it about? Scaramouche? Galileo? Beelzebub? And that Ismallah business?
12) Don’t you want to just go out there and sing without this ridiculous paraphernalia? You know, just… be yourself, Reg.
13) Your fans are church folk, Johnny. Christians. They don’t wanna hear you singing to a bunch of murderers and rapists, tryin’ to cheer ’em up.
14) Always remember your promise to me. Never let nobody or nothing turn you into no cripple
15) Thank you for being here tonight to honor my husband. He wrote a song for me. I’d like to sing it for him tonight. And with your help, maybe I can. Thank you.